This recipe is, as the best are, an amalgamation of recipes i’ve seen in different cookbooks and blogs. I have a long and devoted relationship with chocolate that is best celebrated through a simple and moist chocolate cake. Throw on some powdered sugar, whipped cream and berries and I am in heaven. Huge shout out to my friend Skylar who tested this recipe for the first time! It was a bit cruel of me to hand her a recipe I had never tried but she is an epic baker and the result was the perfect ending to a great dinner.
If you don’t have a Bundt or ring cake pan just use a regular 9″ circular pan. It won’t look as awesome but it will taste just as good.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened high quality cocoa powder + more for dusting
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coffee, freshly brewed and chilled
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, butter pan and dust with cocoa powder
- Mix in a medium bowl: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat in a large bowl: milk, coffee, veggie oil, eggs, vanilla
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix until just combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan, bake for 35-40 minutes or the cake is springy when pressed lightly.
- Serve warm or at room temp. with berries and unsweetened whipped cream.