I don’t eat a lot of fried food and when I do, it better be superb. These shrimp and crunchy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. They are quick, easy, and can be used as part of a main or as an appetizer with dipping sauces. I served them with some sautéed bok choy and peanut noodles. Best part is, there are only 4 steps between opening up the shrimp and popping them into your mouth.
Shrimp, peeled but tail left on (I recommend 5 per person for a main)
Panko bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
- Put egg, flour, and panko crumbs into individual bowls large enough to dip shrimp into. Season each with salt and pepper.
- Pour canola oil into saucepan until it is about 1/3″ deep. Add 2 tbsp sesame oil. Place over medium/high heat.
- Dip shrimp into flour first, and then egg, and finally panko before placing right into oil. Repeat with all remaining shrimp. This may have to be done in a few batches depending on number of shrimp.
- Flip shrimp using a slotted spoon until they are golden brown and the tails have turned bright pink. Turn down heat if the oil starts to burn.
- Remove golden brown shrimp from the oil with the slotted spoon and transfer to a tray lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve as soon as possible!