Pumpkin pie is a polarizing dessert. I love it. My sister’s hate it. My sisters took multiple bites of this pie, even though it ended up slightly lopsided due to a slight crust collapse, and declared it “Not the worst thing ever.” I feel like that’s all that has to be said to confirm it’s awesomeness.
Pumpkin Pie (1 pie, 8 servings)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 unbaked, unpricked pie crust in a 9″ pie pan
- Beat eggs, add cream and milk, set aside.
- Heat pumpkin over medium/high heat in a thick bottomed saucepan for about 10 minutes until slightly caramelized and darker in color. Remove from heat but do not let cool down.
- Stir sugar, salt, and spices into hot pumpkin.
- Beat egg/milk mixture into pumpkin.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and bake in 400 F oven for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the filling is still slightly jiggly.
- Cool through before cutting.