Last week I went home for a night because of a doctors appointment. I’m one of those people that, even after six years of living in places other than my hometown, have not changed doctors. Point is, I got home and immediately cased the house for chocolate. Not finding any that was easily consumable, I called my mom in a panic. Then, being the cool, calm, and collected individual that I am, I started googling ways to use the three 1/2 empty bags of baking chocolate I found in the pantry. Twenty minutes later, I was taking warm, gooey, gluten-free chocolates out of the oven. They were amazing.
Twenty minutes after that, my mom came home from work with an emergency chocolate bar in hand! So, there I was, with a plate of cookies and a chocolate bar. It was amazing. Everything was gone in less than 12 hours. Thanks mom 🙂
Chocolate Meringue Cookies (1 dozen)
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp espresso powder
1/2 cup sugar
6oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup dark, milk, or white chocolate chips
1. Beat egg whites, slowly adding sugar, till they are thick and marshmallow-like in consistency
2. Fold in vanilla, espresso powder, and melted chocolate
3. Fold in walnuts and chips until just combined.
4. Portion onto baking sheet with an ice cream scoop
5. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes