I’ve been doing a lot of catering lately which has been an amazing opportunity to test out and perfect new recipes for party bites. Everyone has their go-to three or four hors d’oeuvres, but after whipping them out at party after party it’s important to mix it up. This bite is light enough to serve any time of year but hearty enough to make even the hungriest guest happy.
Polenta Triangles with Caramelized Onions and Honeyed Goat Cheese (makes 40-50)
- 2 rolls of cooked polenta
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 medium yellow onions
- olive oil
- Cut onions into long slices and caramelize at low heat for one (1) hour of until golden brown.
- Combine goats cheese and honey in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can buy the honey goat cheese at Trader Joe’s which is delicious!
- Cut polenta into 3/4″ slices. Divide each slice into six (6) equally sized triangles.
- Brown Polenta in a heavy skillet over med/high heat (about 2 minutes per side).
- Top each triangle with a little bit of caramelized onion and goats cheese.
- Serve warm.