Sometimes during the summer, all I want to eat is vegetables. Red peppers, tomatoes, onions, carrots, cucumbers…. Sometimes I juice them and drink them all day long, and other times I make a big salad. This salad was pictured … Continue reading
Freshly picked tomatoes are dead sexy. Their skin is warm to the touch, smooth, and a rich red that screams to be bitten into. When you do, the flesh inside initially resists before giving way and melting in your mouth … Continue reading
I made this eggplant dip for my birthday dinner last night and it was a perfect addition to a greek themed meal. The dip is healthy, and a great option for people who have allergies or are vegan as it … Continue reading
- Fill a large pot with water and place over medium/high heat. Add garlic, lemon slices, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off, add shrimp, stir gently until shrimp are cooked – about 2 1/2 minutes. Strain shrimp and set aside until cool.
- Once cool, chop shrimp into small pieces less than 1/2″ in size.
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and shrimp in a bowl. Add lime juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and return to fridge until chilled. Serve cold.
Molten chocolate, or chocolate lava, cakes are a staple on dessert menus but they often come up short on flavor beyond the initial punch of chocolate. For my take on this classic dessert, I decreased the sugar in the batter … Continue reading
Last week I went home for a night because of a doctors appointment. I’m one of those people that, even after six years of living in places other than my hometown, have not changed doctors. Point is, I got home … Continue reading