Oatmeal gets a bum rap. When people hear “oatmeal,” they think of gummy sludge glued to the bottom of a pot, doled out by a sullen cook, but it doesn’t have to be that way. When done right, oatmeal is downright delicious. … Continue reading
Halloumi cheese is magic. It’s cheese…you can grill. Yes, grill, on heat. Serve it on top of chilled fresh watermelon with a sprig of mint for a light, fresh, and healthy hors d’oeuvre that no one will be able to turn down.
Watermelon with Grilled Halloumi and Mint (Serves 8)
- 1 medium watermelon, chilled
- 1 container halloumi cheese
- 16 mint leaves
- olive oil
- Slice watermelon into 1″-1.5″ cubes.
- Slice halloumi thinly (about 1/4″). Cut each slice into squares that fit on top of the watermelon cubes, trying to be as uniform as possible.
- Grease your hot grill or grill plate with olive oil. Place slices of halloumi on the grill, flip after 2 minutes or when they have grill marks. Grill on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Top watermelon cubes with grilled halloumi. Garnish with a mint leaf.