Lamb loin chops are tender, delicious, and a perfect protein for a holiday dinner with your special someone. The biggest trick to doing lamb right is to accept and embrace that it is best eaten rare. This is not a protein for … Continue reading
Grilled Leg of Lamb with Mint Pesto (Serves 6-8)
- 3 1/2 -4 1/2 lb Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- MINT PESTO
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat lamb in olive oil and lemon juice. Combine Salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs in a small bowl. Press into the lamb and let sit covered in a cool room for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hrs.
- Start grill. It should be VERY HOT.
- Blend all pesto ingredients together in a blender, set aside.
- When the grill is hot, lift the lamb from the marinate, allowing excess oil to drip off and place on the hottest part fatty side down. Because of the oil and herbs it will probably flair up. That’s awesome. Just step back so you don’t burn your eyebrows off.
- Grill for ~10 minutes per side depending on the size of the roast. Note: grill longer if you don’t like your meat rare/medium rare.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes, preferably longer, before slicing. Top with mint pesto and serve with warm pita, grilled vegetables, and tzatziki sauce.
You’re at home alone, watching Downton Abbey, and realize that you still need to feed yourself. If you are really lazy you could order food OR you could make an insanely awesome meal that all of your friends and family … Continue reading